Moments spent together with your family. Those moments are very valuable, precious, priceless, important, whatever you want to call it. They are like the magnetic force that attracts the magnet and metal together. These moments help you to bond with your family members, obviously. But nothing will happen if you do not make good use of this time. Its the process that matters.
Last two weeks, my family, my cousin's family and I went to the Singapore Botanical Gardens. At first, I felt lethargic and I did not want to follow them but I was forced by my father. So I was gloomy and annoyed the whole journey from my house to the Singapore Botanical Gardens. At that point of time, I had no mood to do anything. When we reached the destination, my cousins were all anxious and excited. I was totally the opposite. I was whispering some vulgarities to myself.
Why must I follow them? Why am I being forced to follow them?
I was really stupid but luckily I managed to knock some sense into myself. If I'm already here, than it is better to spend fun rather than just being gloomy and 'dead'. Doesn't that makes sense?
Its really hard to immediately get back to a good mood when you are originally in a bad mood. You have to do it slowly. My ego is like a large, huge barrier, preventing me from doing something nice. Whatever it is, I have no choice but to do it.
I started playing together with my cousins. The game is quite kiddish but I do not want to waste my time and miss out on the "fun". Although I started having some fun, I was still fed up with my parents.
I did not really bond with my family. But that does not matter as I have learnt from that experience that we must treasure the times spent with our family. Since every family member is so busy, this opportunity does not come often. Hence, we have to seize it when it comes and make full use of it.
I really wasted that opportunity as for my family, we rarely spent moments like that.